Thursday, February 10, 2011

This week





Oh Rainier.......that's about all I can say after talking to my friend who sat behind Rainier in church on Sunday. Apparently in Primary they were doing a lesson about following (the prophet, Heavenly Father? This I'm not clear on) and the lady doing sharing time held up a GPS unit. She asked if anyone knew what this was. Rainier yelled out "I do! My dad has one of those! It helps him to find dead bodies!" I was like, HUH? But when I relayed the story to Russ, he explained that Rainier was apparently thinking of Russ' avalanche beacon. Oh dear. What the people in the ward must think!

Pierce had his 4 month checkup (and shots) on Tuesday. He weighs a whopping 14 and a half pounds! Oh Pierce, you are such a little chunker! I can't believe how much he has grown. Gone is my teeny tiny little newborn. That has been replaced by a roly poly, giggly little boy!

As soon as I get some pictures off my phone I will post our adventures in cooking this week. Russ made homemade donuts and sauteed berries on ice cream. I made an icebox cake that failed BIG TIME due to the recipes suggested addition of chili powder. I thought it would be tasty, like the Lindt chocolate bar with chili that dear Jen Smith introduced me too, but alas it was nasty! Rainier snuck a bite when he was supposed to be in bed and I found him laying on the stairs yelling "SPICY!!!". Served him right. I remade the cake last night and omitted the chili powder. Much, much better. Pictures will come later!

I have patched and retextured the bare spots in my room. Now I just need to primer and paint them. The kids got their pictures taken on Monday night so I will pop those in frames, hang em up, and voila.......semi finished room!


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Haha- spicy!! Too bad the chili didn't work out, but it sounds like the rest of life is coming together a little bit! Can't wait to see pics of the kids and the room :)

The Jungle Explorer said...

That shirt is perfect for Rainier.